A River Family has something for everyone:
Programs for differing ages and experience levels
Senior Junior Guides
Graduates aged 17+
Some of our campers (the biggest kids in the pic above!) have been with us for 8 years, and are now ready to be our version of 'camp counselors.' They assist with ducks, otters, photography, meals, evening programming, and sometimes they just raft or kayak on their own!!
Email for more details
- JG Raft Camp is very popular, we have enrolled 80 campers over two sessions, but there's still room for you! Each session has about 45 campers ages 6-16. We limit duck enrollment (the littlest campers that float Coloma to Greenwood) at 12 participants and otters at 35. We typically have 5 or 6 campers in each raft, and there is always one mature adult and sometimes an additional counselor assistant. For children kind of in the middle of ducks and otters (typically 3-4th graders) we consider maturity, athletic ability, rafting experience, and friendships when recommending which group your child would be most successful in.
- The happiest campers are active athletic kids.
- The cost is $425 per camper. This includes 3 days of rafting, all required gear and rafting protection equipment, and specifically trained and certified river guides who each have years of experience. Raft camp includes a hearty buffet lunch as well as a hearty morning snack and an afternoon snack, most dietary restrictions can be accommodated (gluten free, carb free, peanut free). Camp fees also include awards (carabiner+) and a professional photo CD of all the campers on the river. Camp fees also include three evening programs/workshops, and what parents say they LOVE: opportunities to socialize and connect with other like-minded river tribe families!
- On the river, campers are sorted by ability level, and adults work to build camper confidence as well as safe river running skills. Adults Guides rotate through groups, and campers can rotate through rafts as well. We will try to keep 'friends' in the same boat, as long as safety is considered foremost.
- If you're not sure if your child is ready for this adventure, let's talk; call or email to find out if JG Raft Camp is for your child.